Saturday 23 June 2012

No new photos

When a desperate person kicked in my back door, a few weeks ago, I doubt that it was with any consideration for anything other than an immediate need.  I wonder how much money the person got for the items taken.   The break-in has generated a lot of inconvenience for us.  It has cost us time and energy to deal with police, insurance, and  I think that we have generated a hundred emails as a direct result of the break-in. We can live without the items taken, and we will eventually replace some of it.  What the real tragedy is for us is the loss of my daughter's photos - on the camera, and backed up on the laptop.  They are priceless, for everything else there is VISA. (if you get a deal on a Macbook pro, and it has a lot of photos of Malawi - Africa-  on it.... let me know.)

It cost us a thousand dollars just for the boot to shatter the first pane of glass - (insurance company deductible), naturally we are hesitating before replacing all the stuff that was taken.  We will be getting a new, MUCH STRONGER door in a few weeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment